Digital Transformation of Medical Devices
Recent advances in technology, especially the advent of connected devices, has reshaped the medical device industry, known as MedTech. The increasing adoption of connected devices and pandemic Covid-19 have accelerated the use of digital healthcare services worldwide. Also, smart interconnected devices have enabled business models through a cloud-based service delivery platform. These factors have led to new requirements on the MedTech industry in recent years.
During the past one decade, medical devices have evolved with new features built on a more robust network infrastructure and advanced computing in order to reduce the gap between the demand for medical facilities and the availability of physicians and hospital care at affordable costs.
At MontaVista, we have observed an evolutionary movement in medical device development. Modern devices will utilize technological enhancements to assimilate, aggregate and process data through multiple touch points and deliver services to a much larger base at a fraction of cost.
MontaVista's View of Key Trends in the MedTech landscape
Over 2 decades of leading the Embedded market, we have noticed the following key drivers of Medical designs:
- Internet of Things and Connected Devices
- Bring Your Own Device, connections to medical/hospital area sensors
- 3D Printing for Prosthetic and similar purposes
- Deep Learning/Big Data algorithms and Artifical Intelligence for Diagnostics
- Consumer-like User Interface for Medical Equipment
Being aware of the trends, we have continuously improved our commercial Linux products and services for MedTech companies.
MONTAVISTA SOLUTIONS FOR MEDICAL MARKET
MontaVista Carrier Grade eXpress (CGX) - An all-in-one platform
MontaVista Carrier Grade eXpress (CGX) delivers Carrier Grade reliability, security, and serviceability in a highly configurable and flexible arrangement and at a high quality. MontaVista CGX takes into account the latest standards of interconnected intelligent devices on application portability, dynamic configuration, field maintenance, and real-time performance in a single platform.
Based on the Yocto project, MontaVista CGX provides a comprehensive platform for developer teams who are looking to leverage the flexibility of the open source development platform, and achieve a faster time to market.
In general, MontaVista CGX product offers the following unique values:
- IoT ready: Connectivity to Core and Sensors, Virtualization for scalability
- CGL: Ease of development using packaged tooling and platform
- Real-time: Enabling time critical data processing and control equipment
- Graphics-profile for UI-enabled devices
- Security: CGL-level hardening, timely CVE fixing
- HW enablement: Existing BSPs including FPGA-enabled SoCs from Xilinx and Altera and networking SoCs from Intel, Marvell, TI and others
In order to better meet the needs of different customers, we have enhanced MontaVista CGX by profile. Please have a look at the CGX-based solutions below:
Contact us today!
We would be happy to learn more about your requirements for a specific application and discuss how our MontaVista team could assist you in achieving your goals. With over 20 years of experience as a Linux Embedded market leader, we are confident in the following areas:
- Hardware enablement: Focused approach to near-HW development, addressing FPGA-enabled solutions and low-level integration for AI and Sensor integration / Image processing and similar designs
- Graphics expertise: Field-proven solutions for enabling low to high-level graphics stacks and drivers
- Connectivity and Networking: IoT enablement capabilities and Gateway reference designs, our company was founded on the principle of Carrier Grade Linux for networking
- Expertise: Years of embedded platform expertise, translating technology to medical use-cases
- Quality: Recognized leader in embedded Linux commercialization with proven required long term support
- Security: Specific focus on secure products and helping out customers achieve secure designs via our consultative approach
Get in touch with us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a Contact Us request.