MV XPert - MontaVista Professional Services
MVXPert is MontaVista's flexible and encompassing Professional Services. MVXPert bridges the gap between general purpose technology and customer specific use case and project requirements.
From initial definition to long-term support, we make sure you succeed!
MontaVista products are being deployed globally and in over 100 million devices, ranging from cell phones to automobiles to Carrier equipment. Our domain expertise spans the gamut from network infrastructure (high performance and availability of long device life), 5G Wireless & Software Defined Networks (Virtualization, Network Function Virtualization), Security, Datapath Acceleration (ODP & DPDK), Internet of Things (Connectivity, Reliability and Security) to General Embedded including consumer devices needing fast development/short life cycle to automotive solutions with longer project life and large teams involving 100s of people.
MontaVista has been the innovator in the Embedded Linux market helping companies run their products with open source. MVXPert now offers that knowledge and experience to our customers regardless of the embedded Linux they choose. Among the services available are
- Kernel design engineering
- Long-term maintenance and support of any embedded Linux
- Creating continuous integration and delivery systems
- Customer specific hardware board support
- Platform isolation with containers (LxC and Docker) or KVM
- Porting and migration services
- Implementation of cybersecurity deterrents
- Integrating userland packages from other distributions
- Development of unique test and validation services for your project
MontaVista understands the challenges you are facing and the pressures to deliver on time, on budget and with the highest level of reliability and quality. MontaVista can assist at every level of development, deployment and on-going maintenance and support of your final product.
With this market and Linux platform expertise in kernel, userland, toolchain and providing long-term support, MVXPert can address many of your Linux based project needs such as:
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) along with CVE updates of your chosen embedded Linux whether that is Yocto based distributions (including ones from SoC vendors), Automotive Grade Linux (AGL), Ubuntu, Debian and even another commercial Linux distributions
- Enabling hardware and long-term maintenance of customer specific requirements
- Triaging and fixing hard to find, P1 (i.e. service down) Linux platform issues related to kernel and userland packages
- Minimal Linux expertise or resources to get a product to market
- Migration from proprietary embedded OS to Linux
- Implementing security features such as SE Linux profiles, secure boot and EAL4+ compliance
- Linux optimizations such as image footprint, boot-time, latency and performance
The MVXPert team can work embedded within your team as an integrated group member, manage a specific task, or take responsibility for the delivery of a finished component or total solution to make sure you succeed!
The top end solution of our MVXPert offering is the Offshore Development Center (ODC) approach, where the MontaVista team takes up an integral part of your development group and can deliver services and support as part of your development project, or take complete ownership of projects at a very effective price/performance ratio!