An "out of the box" Linux platform in general will need to be tuned to meet a project's requirements. The good news is Linux does supply a lot of features and functions that today's developer can take advantage of. But it can take some "tweaking" to get it just right for your product.
MontaVista has been modifying Linux to fit our customer's program needs for 20 years. Depending on the market, example tuning projects we have accomplished are:
- Fast boot Linux in 1 second
- Real-time capability (preempt RT extension), including hard to debug crashes or resource lockouts resulting from RT scheduling
- Maximizing network bandwidth and minimizing latency
- Improving resiliciency to filesystems through un-scheduled reboot
- Adding robust security features like secure boot, SELinux and policy creation, TPM, TEE/Trustzone, and Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR)
If you want to explore how to tune Linux to meet your product's requirements (security, bandwidth, interoperability, etc.) email email@example.com or call +1-408-520-1591.