Military and aerospace systems have evolved from uni-process/purpose to multi-core/functional, proprietary OS/interfaces to COTS hardware /commercial OSS software. The increasing popularity of interconnected embedded devices in the new age comes with some traditional and some recent challenges:
- Deterministic Real-time system and high performance networking
- Increasing adoption of Multi-core and virtualization technologies to reduce size, weight and Power (SWaP) needs.
- System and network security and the need of long term security adherence through increasing adoption of Common Criteria standards
- Even higher emphasis on Fault-tolerance/reliability/High-availability of the modern interconnected systems
- Faster development cycles using commercial OSS software
- Long life cycle support and maintainability
MONTAVISTA SOLUTIONS FOR MILITARY/AEROSPACE MARKET
MontaVista Carrier Grade Express (CGX) is a standard and commercial off-the-shelf Linux distribution that has been extensively optimized to provide the performance, security, reliability, availability and serviceability required by modern interconnected embedded devices.
Whether it is Software Defined Radio (SDR), Secure Vehicle Data Centers, or UAV Ground Control Systems, MontaVista Carrier Grade eXpress (CGX) will give Mil/Aero teams a well-tested, secure, and reliable Linux distribution. Leveraging cutting edge multi-core COTS hardware, developers can utilize fault tolerant features, deterministic real-time, processor core isolation, and virtualization to reduce development cost. CGX can be easily configured to meet reduced power and memory footprint requirements while delivering fast boot up times.
Leveraging MontaVista's world class professional services allows developer teams to focus on the critical elements of an application or project. We provide a wide range of services, to name a few:
- Board Support Packages
- 10+ Year Maintenance
- Comprehensive Support
- On demand Engineering
- Kernel and driver optimization
- Safety Critical compliance
- Proxy Services
Get in touch with us today at email@example.com or sending a Contact Us request.